News in a Hurry

Posted 9/12/17

DRCOG offers Medicare help

The Denver Regional Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging is now the State Health Insurance Assistance Program provider for Arapahoe, Douglas and Jefferson counties. Medicare beneficiaries who are residents of …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

E-mail
Password
Log in

Don't have an ID?


Print subscribers

If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.

Non-subscribers

Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.

If you’re a print subscriber or made a voluntary contribution in Nov. 2016-2017, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites


Our print publications are advertiser supported. For those wishing to access our content online, we have implemented a small charge so we may continue to provide our valued readers and community with unique, high quality local content. Thank you for supporting your local newspaper.

News in a Hurry

Posted

DRCOG offers Medicare help

The Denver Regional Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging is now the State Health Insurance Assistance Program provider for Arapahoe, Douglas and Jefferson counties. Medicare beneficiaries who are residents of these areas are eligible for free one-on-one counseling for Medicare information, advocacy and enrollment assistance.

Effective immediately, DRCOG staff is ready to provide assistance. Medicare’s open enrollment period runs from Oct. 15 to Dec. 7, when beneficiaries can make changes to their Medicare health and prescription drug plans. Program managers encourage beneficiaries to seek assistance in researching Medicare plans, especially if their medications or health conditions have changed.

For assistance with benefits, coverage rules, forms, appeal rights and procedures, or for help enrolling in low-income supplemental programs to Medicare, beneficiaries should call 303-480-6700 or visit drcog.org/SHIP.

Goddard School book drive

Students from all 21 locations of The Goddard School in the Denver metro area have partnered with Reach Out and Read Colorado and Children’s Hospital Colorado to hold a book drive throughout the month of September. Preschoolers are working to collect 21,000 new or gently used books.

For every 10 books donated, one new book will be purchased and donated to Children’s Hospital Colorado. Schools will also be sponsoring more than 1,000 stuffed bears to go to Children’s Hospital. For more information, visit goddardschool.com.

Advisory council seeks new members

Douglas County is seeking candidates for three open seats on the Douglas County Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy Advisory Council, an annual review committee for grant applications from organizations seeking funds for programs supporting residents with developmental disabilities.

The grant program is a result of the 2001 voter-approved Douglas County mill levy, and has awarded more than $3 million to local programs since 2002. About 95 percent of the mill levy fund supports Developmental Pathways, and the remaining 5 percent is reserved for the grant program. The county’s mill levy grants are used to support projects and services in six areas: Life in Common, housing, transportation, employment, recreation/leisure and health.

Applications are due by Sept. 25. For more information or for the application, visit douglas.co.us and search for “developmental disabilities.”

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment