Castle View • The baseball team ended the regular season with a scheduled May 2 game against Chaparral and hoped to end a four-game losing skid. The Sabercats were 26th in the April 30 RPI …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The baseball team ended the regular season with a scheduled May 2 game against Chaparral and hoped to end a four-game losing skid. The Sabercats were 26th in the April 30 RPI standings, which help determine the state regional tournament brackets. There will be 32 teams that qualify for the May 12 regional tournaments. Outfielder and right-handed pitcher Cole Rieber leads the team with a .483 batting average. Left-handed pitcher Benjamin Derosiers has a team-best 3.07 earned run average.
• James Steinke continues to lead the Douglas County Lacrosse League with 40 goals and is second in points with 54. The Sabercats face Colorado Academy May 3 in the regular-season finale. Castle View has won two of six games against the Mustangs but have lost the past two contests.
• Non-league games against Cherokee Trail on May 3 and Eaglecrest on May 4 remain on the regular-season schedule for the girls soccer team. Junior Drew Baty leads the team with 12 points with four goals and four assists in 11 games.
• The girls 4x800-relay team won the event at the Liberty Bell Invitational track meet on April 27-28. The foursome of Lina Corrales, Leah Christians, Haley Blomquist and Jasmyne Cooper turned in a winning time of 9:37.67.
• Senior Jake Heintzelman leads the Douglas County lacrosse league in points with 57. He has 36 goals and 21 assists. The Huskies are the league’s top scoring team with 144 goals.
• The baseball team had three of the Continental League’s top 10 hitters prior to the final week of the regular season. Reggie Williams was fourth with a .482 batting average. Ben Horwith was hitting .462 (seventh) and Tim Wink was hitting .441 (eighth).
• The boys track team was second in the Liberty Bell Invitational on April 27-28 while the girls came in fifth. Devin Cadena won the 100 meters in 11.06 and Easton Allred was first in the 3,200 with a time of 9:11.86. In the girls competition, sophomore Riley Masten took the high jump with a 5-4 leap, Tameryn Coryell was the pole vault winner at 11-06. Emily Sloan ran first in the 300-meter hurdles in 41.73.
• After wrapping up the Continental League schedule, the baseball team will end the regular season with road games on May 4 at Cherokee Trail and May 7 at Fairview. Wyatt Wendell leads the team with a .488 batting average.
• The girls soccer team took a six-game winning streak into its final two games of the regular season. The Sabercats have given up only four goals in 13 games for a 0.364 goals-against average.
• Junior Anna Hall won four individual events at the Holy War track meet on April 27 and her 5-11 in the high jump was the second best jump this season in the nation.
• The league champion baseball team opened play in the 4A Jeffco League tournament April 28 with a 13-3 triumph over Golden. Senior Brady Buehler paced the Eagles by going 3-for-3 with three runs scored and three RBIs.
• The 4A Metro League champion boys lacrosse team is averaging 13 goals a game while giving up an average of 7.1 goals per contest.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.